1747 Nellis Tavern
The 1747 Nellis Tavern, Homestead and Store reflects the culture of the Palatine Germans. Two ground floor rooms, hall and cellar show original fireplaces, huge ceiling beams and wattle and daub construction techniques. The 19th century Erie Canal era tavern is reflected in the 2nd floor and 2-story, stenciled-wall east addition. It was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1990. It is open for tours June through September, Sundays, 1:00 – 4:00 pm. Suggested donation is $3.00.